GLOWY LUMINOUS SKIN

Friday 6 February 2015

Although in general I am a matte look to the skin kinda girl , mostly around the T-zone as lets be honest the greasy oily look ain't a good one, however having said that having slight luminosity on the right areas of the skin can give your a gorgeous youthful glow that makes you look more awake and healthy too. There are two products in particular which I have been loving lately both with a similar purpose but slightly different undertones also one bing  a budge buy the other more of a splurge never the less here's my overview of the two. 
Budget Buy: L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique Base , £9.99 This lightweight primer has a very light reflective and luminous base that can be used all over the face or simply on the areas you want to enhance and highlight. It's got a pretty watery formula with pearly coloured shimmers however once it has been blended into your skin those are hardly noticeable yet still leave your skin with a luminous glow.  I personally love mixing this with my foundation on days where I want a luminous effect on the skin once set with  powder this will not leave you oily if thats your concern. However this also looks beautiful applied only on the high points of your cheekbones to add a gorgeous glow. Since the product has a slight white cool undertone I would say this would work best on paler skin tones.


Splurge Buy: BeneFit Girl Meets Pearl: £24.50 This has a similar purpose even formula however it is more on the golden/pinky side. I have tried using this both mixed with my foundation and just on the high points of the cheekbones and it works great broth ways although I do prefer this product as a highlighter. A little goes a long way and the packaging is just simply beautiful. The shimmers inside the product are super fine so your left with a gorgeous fresh and bright looking highlighted skin that catches the light and it has a really good staying power too. 

Overall both products have become staples in my make up routine over the last few weeks. Although they both serve a similar purpose they are unique in their own way with slightly different undertones. I feel like these kind of products are great as they are versatile and will look gorgeous in the summer with a tanned skin even on their own.

Have you tried any of the two? Whatsyour favourite highlighter?

16 comments:

  1. I love the L'Oreal Paris primer! I find that I enjoy it more when I mix it with my foundation instead of applying it separately though.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love highlighting my cheeks a little, recently and Girls Meets pearl is such a lovely pink colour. I am favouring Benefit's Watts Up at the moment though :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paulina ♥
    I'm new to your blog - but I really love your writing style...
    I'm going to go and make a cup of tea so I can settle down and have a good read through your past posts :)
    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pearl face highlight, it adds some gloss and healthy skin look!
    Great post.

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl Meets Pearl is my favourite :)
    Rebecca // rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely item Review :)
    follow for follow

    hope you too visit my Blog <3
    http://miss-amelyrose.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love glowy skin! I've been using the Tom Ford Illuminating Primer and Highlighter for that effect

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love benefits products. I use their Watts up! product religiously. Such a great highlighter. Oh, and you are absolutely gorgeous. Love your blog.

    http://helloadri.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Loreal primer x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the 'Girl Meets Pearl' a few times in Benefit and have always put off buying it, but I think I need to get it this time, it is so beautiful!

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard about that L'Oréal lumi magic, I really wanted to try it !

    Win Makeup Revolution FULL skincare collection
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not seen any of these, but I'm curious to try them out! Thanks for sharing!

    Brigita
    http://www.lostinpattern.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx