Birmingham International Fashion Week

Monday 11 March 2013



Hey Dolls,

I was invited to the Birmingham International Fashion Week in the Aid of Unicef.  I thought it was such a great idea to help support Unicef, which is the world's biggest children's organisation.  The show donated 50 % of the tickets  sale to the Charity. When I got my invite and read the event's purpose I was very happy to attend it and be part of it as it's such a great cause. I had a press media pass which allowed me to go backstage and look at what went on behind the scenes and let me tell you it's hard work, make up artists, stylists and models are constantly running around but it is all worth it at the end. The models looked gorgeous. 

I spent a little bit of time backstage then I got the chance to watch the shows and despite some of their clothing not being particularly my style it was obvious that a lot of work has been put in to it and I enjoyed being a part of it as well as watching the show. There were also stools available where you were able to purchase some of the designs as well as many other items of clothing. 

Half way through the show Times Red performed on the stage and let me tell you they are pretty good live! I travelled from quiet far to get there so I was unable to stay for the after party which is a bit of a shame but nevertheless I had a good time and met a lovely blogger Amy so be sure to check out her blog too. Here's a few photos I took: 

HAIR AND MAKEUP 




  
  RUNWAY


  
  TIMES RED



9 comments:

  1. Super cool!
    Thank you for following darling! Following you back :)
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so cool! I am jealous :P

    Ps: I would like to invite you to my 1st giveaway. Hope you'll drop by :)

    Win a Daniel Welling watch (value $199) on my blog:


    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun I wil check it out for sure :) x

      Delete
  3. wow, this sounds so great! great pictures ;)

    xoxo

    www.thestylemaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a super great experience and opportunity!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was great :) I am happy to have been given the opportunity to go there x

      Delete
  5. I love your blog now following :) this sounds like a great opportunity and would be amazing to go behind the scenes the photos are lovely ! :) x

    www.krystelcouture.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! will have a look at your blog for sure :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx