DrJart Recover Primer

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Hey Dolls,


I have not posted in a couple of days now due to the amount of uni work I have head lately not to mention my long shifts at work, but I am finally back with a review for you guys, as I have been trying out a new primer which I am totally in love with!

I purchased this not long after I bought my Dr. Jart BB cream which has impressed me so much and has now been my everyday staple, hence why I went out and bought more Dr. Jart Products. I am usually a little sceptical when it comes to primers as I find a lot of them tend to clog my pores. Having an oily and acne prone skin I have to be  careful as to what I apply on my skin, However seeing as not only do I love the BB cream this primer is designed by  a  skincare company I assumed they know what they are doing and they proved me right.
So what does it claim..?
' Create a smooth, matte surface that helps make-up last longer with this perfect pore primer, suitable for all skin types.
Hylauronic acid improves skins surface moisture and 'Art Skin Film' helps to cover fine wrinkles and pores, creating the best surface for applying make-up
The primer helps sebum control and prevents oiliness in the T-zone.'
This is a great product for all you ladies with oily skin/ acne prone skin since It has not broken me out and works great at  stopping oil production through out the day. 


The main ingredients are:
  • Sage extract – helps to calm skin
  • Rosemary extract –  Anti-inflammatory
  • Gall extract – Tightens pores
  • Witch Hazel extract – Antiseptic
  • Hyaluronic Acid – Anti-aging
I apply this about five minutes before applying my make up as it does say on the bottle to allow it to dry before you apply anything else on to your skin, Once the product is applied to the skin it absorbs pretty quickly and instantly mattifies the skin leaving it smooth as a babys bum. As to shrinking pores I can't say I see much of a difference but I don't suffer from extremely large pores so this is not an issue for me. The product helps to prevent oil production through out the day and pro longs the wear of your foundation.


 The formula is almost gel like, it comes out clear and feels very smooth and soft once applied to the skin almost velvety. Personally I am really enjoying using this product , its great to use on skin even if your not planning to wear any make up just to smooth out the skin. Have you tried out any primers you really like lately? 



31 comments:

  1. no problem. :))
    wanna follow eachother? if not, that's okay, i'll still follow you, haha. :D i love you blog! :)
    misselegant06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah bless you! your blog is beauts so I will be following you for sure too xx

      Delete
  2. I'm awful, I don;t use primers. I used to use Garnier pure moisturiser which acts like a primer but that was a long time ago!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i use to be the same! but am really enjoying this so far x

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for a new primer because my current one is drying my skin out! I need to try this. Also, i've tagged you in my Leibster post!

    xx Kait

    ChickadeeSays Leibster Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this would be great for you as it contains hyaluronic acid which helps to keep moisture xx

      Delete
  4. I'm quite bad with my skin care as I dont use primer, but maybe this is the sign that I should!
    xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. primers are optional but some can be beneficial such as this one :) x

      Delete
  5. Love DrJart+ product but I never try the recover primer before. Will have to try next time. Thanks for following, follow you now too girl!!

    www.wear2day.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog sweety! Are we following yet? Loved your post! Amazing one (: Stop by me soon!xx

    Kisses ♥
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem hun and likewise :) am following you now :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. This looks lovely, great post!
    Great blog too, will like it now ;)

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. seems to be a nice product.never heard of the brand before. i use setting sprays quite often cause i haven't found a good primer to use. i will try out the porefessional by benefit because everyone kinda raved about it and i love benefit products.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i have wanted to try a setting spray for a while now! any recommendations?x

      Delete
  9. this looks really lovely!

    love your blog, newest follower.

    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post, i'm looking for a new primer!

    Nice blog, i'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear :) nice blog and cute post! today I will follow you with pleasure and you'll look for me if you want to follow me ;)

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have oily skin and have been looking for a good primer for soooo long! Glad you posted this thanks, I'm actually going to give it a go :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome hun :) its great for oily/combo skin!

      xx

      Delete
  13. Thanks for sharing! Although my skin is really delicate =( I can only use what my dermatologist says otherwise my skin gets really red and itchy!!

    KISSES
    http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing! I've been looking for a new primer as well, because I tend to find they usually clog my pores up too! Definitely going to have to give this a bash.

    Kirsty, xo
    - Clothes, Shoes & Boys with Tattoos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx