MAYBELLINE MATTE MAKER POWDER

Saturday 10 May 2014

Having skin which tends to get shiny throughout the day a good mattifying powder is a must in my make up collection. I have been loyal to the Rimmer Stay Matte Powder for a while now however when it was sold out one day I came across this and decided to give it a go.

The Maybelline Matte Maker powder is packaged in your standard pressed powder packing which I am not a big fan of personally I prefer when powders have a compact packaging whit a built in mirror  as they are more practical but nevertheless the packaging is sturdy enough. 


The powder itself has a light silky formula which is great as it feels very lightweight once applied on to the skin. Whilst it does what is says and mattifies your skin it does not leave it looking heavy or cakey. It has a pretty light coverage almost sheer but it works great at controlling oily areas throughout the day, although it is not the best setting powder
I have tried it is still a very good product for the price you pay , it retails at under £4 so if your looking for an on the budget setting powder this one is worth a try for sure as this product does not oxidise or set into your pores once applied.

Have you tried this powder? 

12 comments:

  1. I was looking for a new one, I'll have a look !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting but I haven't seen it in our drugstores yet.

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it as good as Stay Matte though? Great review x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would prefer the rimmel one to be honest! but what works for me might change for each skin type so its worth to try both x

      Delete
  4. OOOO...This is sold here yet but I'm always up for another pressed powder to try! I'm always using at least 3 at the same time, I much rather it be in a compact than that format though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried this one, but Maybelline is my most fave drugstore makeup, so I'd definitely give this a try!

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, I've been looking for a new powder xo

    Hannah Rose // Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you ! have a happy Sunday too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great - I'll definitely look out for this next time I'm shopping - I could do with a new powder!

    Lovely review :) x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx