DIY CHANEL Inspired Iphone Case

Tuesday 3 June 2014



This morning I felt a little creative and decided to do a bit of DIY, I found a plain iPhone cover which I wanted to try and customise myself. Last night I was going through We heart it which is a little bit like Instagram but filled with lots of inspiring and motivation images, quotes etc. whilst browsing I stumbled upon a few Chanel inspired iPhone cases hence why I decided go for that design today. Originally I wanted to create a black one but since I only had a cream chain I stuck to that colour palette. 



This Simple DIY Required very little products, a few nail polishes of your own choice, a strong glue, nail gems and tooth picks to use to stick those on with, a clear or plain iPhone cover and an optional chain for decoration purposes.


 Firstly I painted my cover using my nude nail polish from experience I would suggest using spray paint as I do think that would work better but this was just an experiment so it did the job pretty damn good. I would suggest using two coats as you can see once coat is a little see through.


Once it has dried I used a white nail Polish to draw the rectangle in the middle and little nail gems to create the Chanel C's design, I placed my gems whilst the white nail polish was still a little damp as this meant the gems stuck on without using any additional glue. 






























I initially intended to do a black border all around but I run out of the black nail polish so I worked with what I had and stuck silver gems all around to create a border which I think still works pretty well and as for my first attempt I am pretty pleased with the outcome, although it is not perfect I will definitely be doing this again but I will invest in some spray paint and permeant markers before hand to perfect my designs. This is such a fun way to do your own personalised iPhone covers great for gifts or just your own little DIY's.

What do you think of DIY iPhone Covers?

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful case, love a bit of DIY!

    I should definitely look through We Heart It a little more often! It sounds great :)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing case! I wish I was as talented as you doing this DIY! :D
    xx Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute !
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea, I'm definitely going to try this myself
    Rachel XX
    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool DIY..I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those things - so cute!
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2014/06/part-2.html
    Follow me:
    Instagram – mira_shpak
    Twitter – @ShpakMira

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx