SLEEK HAIR ESSENTIALS

Thursday 24 April 2014


Achieving the perfect sleek hair can be quid a challenge but with the right products and techniques it can be achieved in no time. Heat, humidity along with many other factors can turn your hair into a frizzy mess. Prior to styling your hair make sure your you deep condition your hair on weekly basis to keep it in good condition. Today's post will focus more on the styling side of creating the sleek look. I have tried and tested hundreds and I mean hundreds of beauty products and I have to admit ladies it is not easy finding a product that ticks all your boxes , of course there are thousands of good and bad products out there but because we all have different hair types not all work for all of us. Nevertheless here's three products which are my key essentials when I want to achieve a sleek hair look. 

A little about my hair.. I have pretty fine and petty damaged hair as I was blonde for over seven years which has done a little damage to my hair for sure, being brunette now and trying to be more natural with my hair colour has definitely helped but the damage will take a couple of months to reverse for sure. 

So here's what I do to achieve sleek hair....  after shampooing and conditioning I apply the John Freida Frizz Ease Original 6 effects serum on to damp hair , I mainly focus this on my ends so that my hair is not weighed down. This is a great product as it eliminates frizz, protects from humidity , smooths and hydrates at the same time which means you don't have to use multiple products on your hair. 

Once I have applied this onto my hair I usually leave my hair to air dry as I am not a big fan of hair drying my hair unless it is necessary, after my hair is dry I apply the Straight sexy hair balm from mid length to my ends . This products is great at prolonging your hair to stay sleek and smooth for a long period of time, if you have curly / wavy hair like me this will really help it stay smoother for longer. Once those two steps are done spritz a little bit of the Lee Stafford Flat iron Shine spray  which is great as once again it is a multi tasking products. It will protect your hair from the heat whilst leaving it with a nice glossy finish. Personally I love multi tasking hair products as it saves your hair from getting weighed due to product overload. Last step is to straighten your hair with your straightener, I use the GHD hair straighteners as I find they work best for my hair , leaving it silky smooth and frizz free. 

Hair Straightening Tips: 

♥ Brush your hair out prior to straightening your hair making sure there's no knots
♥ Use a tangle teezer or paddle brush to brush through the hair whilst straightening each section of your this will help to keep it smooth and sleek
♥ Make sure you use a ceramic plated straightener as they are a lot better for your hair meaning less damage 

What are your favourite sleek hair products?





7 comments:

  1. Recently I've picked up quite a few hair products. I'm currently trying out 'Liquid Gold Anti-Frizz Perfecting Treatment' by Tresemme and loving it so far as it makes my hair super soft and silky. The only problem is that it doesn't help to define my curls :( X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Btw, I have seen your previous post and you have a great style!

    xx
    The Fashion Brook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tips for sleek hairs, my favourite sleek hair products are every kind of natural oils, they're amazing!

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice! I will definitely be using these tips the next time I straighten my hair!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great product, it's a perfect hair routine.
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Lee Stafford spray - and it smells so good!
    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Please feel free to leave your links I love checking out your blogs! :) xx